A whole week gone already! Despite the Easter holiday weekend being quite busy I managed a few good sessions working on the procedural generation code. Main progress this week :
- LOD parameters for zone spawning
- Biomes - Attributes for zone blocks that dictate which predefined static meshes will be spawned
- Refactoring - Slowly updating code and commenting BP-exposed functions
- Slope attributes on blocks, cliff biomes etc.
I have a small list of items to work on before I push a milestone branch to github :
- Multiple LODs per zone
- Dynamic LOD switching
- Fix the seam normals!
- Switch to a more robust noise implementation (OpenSimplex)
Here's a wee update of how we're looking at the moment: